Premed 101 Forums

IM VS EM income

Handsome88

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) "The basic criteria to be allowed to participate in the R-3 Emergency/Family Medicine Match is to be either a R-2 resident in Family Medicine OR hold the CCFP designation."

Based on this, I would think yes.

2) Yes, you can work in a rural ER without the CCFP-EM designation, and many do so.

1) "The basic criteria to be allowed to participate in the R-3 Emergency/Family Medicine Match is to be either a R-2 resident in Family Medicine OR hold the CCFP designation."

2) Yes, you can work in a rural ER without the CCFP-EM designation, and many do so.

Awesome. Thanks. I just feel like this combo gives you a fantastic ability to customize your career, and will never leave you scrambling for work. Maybe that's just me being naive though!

Not only can you work in some ERs without the +1 year, you can sit to write the CCFP-ER examination after putting in X number of hours working in one of these ERs.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Any idea how and what the reimbursement is like in bc?

An Example of an GIM job in BC interior:

http://www.betterhere.ca/internalmedicine/permanent/nelson.htm

That seems to be pretty much what most of the job postings in the interior go for..pretty attractive once you add in all of the rural incentives.

Here is another..but you wouldn't get any rural incentives to go to Kamloops: http://www.betterhere.ca/internalmedicine/permanent/kamloops.htm

Archived