Premed 101 Forums

*Academic Reference letters

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Paul

Date:***9/10/2000 6:53 pm*PST

If i work with a professor of chemistry and get a recommendation from him will med school look any differently at it then if it was a biology professor?(I would think this wouldn't make any difference but I just want to be sure) Also Ian what volunteer position(s) do you recommend for a male as the most worthwhile and enjoyable, best chances to meet doctors and get recommendations, of all the choices you can have at a hospital. Thanks for your time it is really appreciated.

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Ian Wong, MS2

Date:***9/11/2000 10:44 pm*PST

Any prof that knows you well will suffice. After all, what about those students not taking Bio majors who take fourth year Math courses, and only second year Bio courses to fulfill the med school pre-requisites? Requiring them to get a prof from a class with 300-500 students would put them at a huge disadvantage.

As for the second option, I really don't know. On this one, you'll have to call up the individual hospitals and ask them what's available. Then choose the one that you feel would be best. I've supplied a list of stuff that was available in Victoria in another post.

Ian

Can, MS2

Archived