Premed 101 Forums

I've done a few practice tests online that I found for free (not sure how credible they are, but that's a different story). For the most part, the video-based scenarios come easily to me, but I struggle a lot with the word-based scenarios where you often have to examine a personal aspect of your life and relate it back. Most of the time, I feel as though my answers are not good foundational, but I have nothing else that I can think of. For example, in relating to struggles you've faced in your personal life - I have nothing substantial to note, only a health condition which can be perceived by some as a minor inconvenience - albeit it had a substantial impact on my grades in first and second year. Any advice or opinions? Thanks

CASPer is not evaluating how impressive your experiences are or how much you've endured in the past. They want to see how you respond to those challenges. Your health condition answer has as much potential to be a perfect CASPer score as does an answer that says you're the CEO of Google.

You should prepare the following for the written scenarios:

Conflict that you were part in. Stress in your life and how you deal with it. Weaknesses and strengths. A time you demonstrated leadership. Etc etc.

If you take the time to do some personal reflection beforehand you will be able 100% to answer the questions for written scenarios.

Mr Duck

Archived