Premed 101 Forums

Timeline; When do interview invites come out, and around when do they get back to you after interviews?

Applied to the 4 schools that accept 3rd years (Mac, UoT, UOtt, Que), and if I were to hopefully get in this year I'd like to graduate with a general B.Sc from my undergrad which takes only 3 years. Luckily, I planned it out and I've completed all the course requirements, but the issue is there's deadlines to apply to graduate in Feb-March. Obviously, if I don't get in this year I'd want to continue with my 4-year degree, so I'm not tryna apply to graduate before I get an acceptance. Either way, I'm curious regardless: when do interview invites come out, and when do they get back to you after interviews?

Any help or links to other posts that lay it all out would be greatly appreciated :)

Interviews: Historically, mac is the first to come out in mid-late Jan. Then it's usually Ottawa in late Jan. Queens and Western seem to come out on the same day ever year in very late Jan/early Feb. U of T comes out in batches so you could hear back from them as early as Jan to as late as early April. 

Acceptances: Everything comes out on the same day. I think it's May 8th this year. If you're on a WL, then you could hear back anywhere from late May-late August.

Happy planning. 

Since you only hear back whether or not you get accepted May 8th (or later if waitlisted) you could always continue your degree through Feb-March and only declare graduation for the fall graduation of 2018 which has a later deadline than spring. :) Since you don't need a degree to be completed to attend these schools it should be okay to get your official 3 year degree on paper/attend graduation in the fall even after you've started med. But I'm just speculating, does anyone else know more on this?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived