Premed 101 Forums

UWO

satrim

Hello,

I have been accepted to the compressed nursing program at Western Ontario University last year, however, I had to defer due to some problems. Here are my questions  1-How is the quality of education and variety of clinical placements students can get in this program?

2- How doable is it to get a GPA of 3.8/4 or higher considering the compressed format of this program?  My long-term goal is to get to a nurse practitioner school and am worried about not getting a competitive GPA  doing this program. The fourth semester seems really tough handling 6 courses which guess should have lab components as well. I will DEEPLY appreciate any study tips for this semester.

3-As I have some free time now I would like to study some books to prepare myself better especially in Pathophysiology 2420A, Microbiology and Immunology 3820A, Pharmacology2060B. I know these courses are offered online and are mostly theory based. Can you recommend some books that will help me increase my knowledge in these areas? Thank you so much.

Please feel free to share anything you know or have experienced in this program.It means a lot to me. Thank you so much.

Archived