Premed 101 Forums

Same Class Taken Twice

I'd like to take a class this summer that I have already taken last semester (new opportunities/not a traditional class). It's a pass/fail course (which I did pass), so it isn't because I would want to improve a mark. Does anyone know if med schools in Ontario look at taking a class like this twice negatively? 

Any info would be appreciated!

I would not do it in case there's a risk of it affecting your full-courseload status or anything like that. If you do decide to do it, I would email all med schools you're planning to apply to in the future and verify that its ok and won't cause any issues for you.

15 hours ago, m_jacob_45 said:

I would not do it in case there's a risk of it affecting your full-courseload status or anything like that. If you do decide to do it, I would email all med schools you're planning to apply to in the future and verify that its ok and won't cause any issues for you.

Thank you for your response @m_jacob_45. Why would you think it would affect my full-course load status? It'll be the only class that I'll be taking this summer. 

I was planning on emailing the schools if no one had an idea here. 

2 hours ago, Rabeprazole said:

Thank you for your response @m_jacob_45. Why would you think it would affect my full-course load status? It'll be the only class that I'll be taking this summer. 

I was planning on emailing the schools if no one had an idea here. 

I'm not 100% sure of the rules, but I would just want to make sure retaking the course does not invalidate your first time taking it or anything like that. 

On 5/14/2018 at 8:07 PM, Rabeprazole said:

I'd like to take a class this summer that I have already taken last semester (new opportunities/not a traditional class). It's a pass/fail course (which I did pass), so it isn't because I would want to improve a mark. Does anyone know if med schools in Ontario look at taking a class like this twice negatively? 

Any info would be appreciated!

I would say go for it if you like it, most Med schools don't even look at summer courses anyways, especially if it's just pass-fail. Just make sure you maintain a full course load every year to be eligible for as many schools as possible. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to provide an update, I received replies from all Ontario schools saying that it was fine except for Western. I just didn't get a reply, but it wouldn't affect my two years for Western anyway so it's nbd. (Didn't bother emailing Northern)

Thank you for all the responses!

Archived