Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Scores

med1998

Hi everyone,

I am planning on doing the MCAT this summer, however, do I have to submit my results if I do it? Can I decide to not submit anything related to MCAT? Also, is it multiple scores or only one, and do I have to submit all the scores? (I'm talking here about McGill university)

Thank you very much

14 minutes ago, med1998 said:

Hi everyone,

I am planning on doing the MCAT this summer, however, do I have to submit my results if I do it? Can I decide to not submit anything related to MCAT? Also, is it multiple scores or only one, and do I have to submit all the scores? (I'm talking here about McGill university)

Thank you very much

You do not need to submit if you did your undergraduate degree at a Canadian university. Even if you do submit it, it will only be taken account in the post-interview phase as part of the basic science prerequisite score. If it improves your basic science prereq score then it will be included 50/50 along with your science prereq GPA. If it does not, they will not consider it and only consider your science prereq GPA. They make it clear that they will only include it if it is favourable to your file. 

1 hour ago, la marzocco said:

You do not need to submit if you did your undergraduate degree at a Canadian university. Even if you do submit it, it will only be taken account in the post-interview phase as part of the basic science prerequisite score. If it improves your basic science prereq score then it will be included 50/50 along with your science prereq GPA. If it does not, they will not consider it and only consider your science prereq GPA. They make it clear that they will only include it if it is favourable to your file. 

Alright I see thanks a lot for your answer! Also, if I have prereq GPA of 3.5 (I don't really know what classes should be considered prereq...) is there a way for me  to know in advance what MCAT score will be favourable to my file? Does anyone have a link where it explains all this? 

1 hour ago, med1998 said:

Alright I see thanks a lot for your answer! Also, if I have prereq GPA of 3.5 (I don't really know what classes should be considered prereq...) is there a way for me  to know in advance what MCAT score will be favourable to my file? Does anyone have a link where it explains all this? 

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/requirements-edu/basic-science-prerequisites This page should give you all the details on the science prerequisites. 

There isn't a way to know in advance what MCAT score will be favourable to your file. This link has more information on MCAT: 

• Competitive applicants tend not to have written the MCAT more than two times and have generally achieved a minimum overall numeric score of 30 (for 2014 version or earlier). Applicants taking the 2015 version of the exam need a total score of 508-509+ or a total score in the 80 %-ile (or greater) in order to be considered competitive.

• Where valid MCAT results are submitted, results will be considered in conjunction with academic results in the relevant science prerequisite courses (50/50 weighting).

• Individual subset scores are not considered.

Hope this helps! 

2 hours ago, la marzocco said:

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/requirements-edu/basic-science-prerequisites This page should give you all the details on the science prerequisites. 

There isn't a way to know in advance what MCAT score will be favourable to your file. This link has more information on MCAT: 

• Competitive applicants tend not to have written the MCAT more than two times and have generally achieved a minimum overall numeric score of 30 (for 2014 version or earlier). Applicants taking the 2015 version of the exam need a total score of 508-509+ or a total score in the 80 %-ile (or greater) in order to be considered competitive.

• Where valid MCAT results are submitted, results will be considered in conjunction with academic results in the relevant science prerequisite courses (50/50 weighting).

• Individual subset scores are not considered.

Hope this helps! 

Yes! This helps a lot! However it is still unclear for me how are they going to calculate the prereq gpa from cegep r scores? (I did all my bio, physics and math classes when I was in cegep 2 years ago)

Archived