Premed 101 Forums

Applying now for Fall 2007 - Questions, Answers, Discussion

Guest drcave

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I asked the same question that andy_uw asked to a medical student who has been involved in the admission committee, I was told to treat verifiers like references for a job. Would you give a potential employer your former employer's name without giving your former employer a heads-up phone call? And I agree...although it can be very time consuming, I think it's just a good measure to contact verifiers, even by email, to let them know. I know that if I was put down as a verifier for somebody else, I would like the applicant to contact me to let me know. Just my 2 cents :) .

Ok now that I think about it I think you are right. Thanks for your opinion.

Hi,

I have yet another question regarding NAQ contacts. I am just wondering if anyone knows whether emails are required or if just a phone number will suffice. I’m not sure if this is correct but someone told me that previous year’s formatting was different in that there was not a separate box for the email where as this year there is, so I am not sure if this means it is a required field. If anyone knows or could share what they are doing I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Archived