Premed 101 Forums

Trading Places?

Guest tigerlily

Guest tigerlily

Theoretically speaking, if a VFMPer (like myself) decided that she might prefer staying on the island, would there be any IMPers out there who would want to trade? VFMP was my first choice but now I'm (theoretically, of course) rethinking things. Does anyone know if this is even a possibility? I'm pretty sure it's been done in previous years... please feel free to PM me :)

^\/^*^\/^*Tiger Lily*^\/^*^\/^

Hi there tigerlily. I am an incoming IMPer who would be interested in having a chat with you about the possibility of switching spots. I don't know if such a thing is possible, but if we are both interested I can't see the harm in inquiring. Anyhow, check for my PM in your inbox and be in touch.

Guest Abcrod

I would definitely go for it. There are switches made...but it'll work so much better if you have someone directly to switch with. Faculty may give you a hard time because this will add unwanted attention to their selection process for their respective programs/sites.

Guest jammyjams

Well, as long as we're doing this here:

If anyone at VFMP or IMP has any interest switching places with me at the NMP, please feel free to send me a PM.

jammyjams :)

(sorry to hijack thread)

Guest physiology

Hello,

Yes, in my class, there was one switch made like this. Same situation, someone in the VFMP traded with an IMPer. Anyway, Tigerlily, I would honestly wait until about November to make sure you want to switch. Live in Vancouver for a bit first to see if it's for you and if not, switch out.

Physio

Guest kellyl20

Jammyjams:

What do you think makes you suitable for the north so that they had chosen you although you did not rank the North as your 1st or 2nd choice.

Are you from up north? Or perhaps of your extracurr activities? Wonder how they came to the conclusion that you should go north.

Guest jammyjams

No, I'm not from up north, so yeah it is a little odd. I guess some of my EC activities may have had an influence, but none of them obviously so (at least to me).

Archived