Premed 101 Forums

Employment Information - % Conflict!

It says on their website:

updated June 30/06: Applicants are limited to half a printed page of Employment Experiences. The half printed page is based on a formatting criteria for the MD Undergraduate Admissions Office use, your screen print of this section may be more or less than a half printed page. Please refer only to the % remaining in the count-down message in red font.

When I started mine it says this:

Your point form list has 75.0 % space left to complete three printed pages.

Surely this is an error, no? Does this mean we should aim for there to no less than 83.33% space left? [1-(100/6)]

Thanks!

Hey,

I just called the Admissions Office about this, and they told me that it was probably a typo (re: three printed pages) on the system, and that I should just go by the percentage left.

Thanks very much. :) In the end, they'll end up with 3 pages then I guess.

Okay. I just called them as well, and explained to her that the red % really allows more than 3 pages in print preview. She said their formatting really squishes everything into half a page.

I asked about the MCAT and whether a low score in a section may hinder you (worried about VR myself) and she said not to stress about it if your other sections are great and prereq grades may make up for it. I wish I had done English earlier then!

Speaking of English prereqs, you would just e-mail them with your intent to finish the courses with a course description, etc.?

Thanks!

Hey Jixe,

I'm glad that you called them as well to double-confirm! :) I was asked to email them the course description for a second orgo course I'm taking to finish their orgo pre-requisite. But just to be sure, I just emailed them the descriptions for all the courses I took since I don't go to UBC.

I think you're right...they probably consider your employment in your non-academics...unless you count school as your job...lol...j/k

Archived