Premed 101 Forums

official transcripts

Hi again,

Again sorry for this stupid question but I can't decide whether I need to send 1 or 2 official transcripts...UBC is the only post-secondary institution I've attended and I already graduated last year but will be taking more courses there this year....any ideas?

Oh and do all BC applicants need to send high school transcripts to prove they're BC residents? I think there was a thread about this a while back but I've been unable to find it.

Thanks very much.

avenir001,

If you're currently taking courses at the institution (in this case, UBC), you only technically need to send one official transcript.

Last year, I only sent one UBC transcript (I was in my final year, finished in May), and that was perfect. However, I decided to send two this year (even though I'm still taking one course), this is why: to get the courses you're taking in September to show up on the transcript you send, I believe you have to request the transcript later (ie. in September, after the application deadline for med school). Although I doubt this would happen, I would hate UBC to see only one transcript and think that was a problem. So I sent two just to be sure.

With regards to high school transcripts - when selecting why you're considered a BC resident on the application, if you choose option 2 (because you did 3 years secondary school in BC with a permanent home in BC) or option 5 (you did all of secondary school in BC at a boarding/residential school) you would need to send high school transcripts.

However, if you have resided in BC for 24 continuous months prior to the application deadline, or if you have attended two years of university here, choose that option and there's no need to submit secondary school transcripts.

Good luck!

Susan

Archived