Premed 101 Forums

Activity Length (question related to verifiers)

Hi all,

First post here - thanks in advance to whomever answers my question. I'm having trouble getting a hold of one of my verifiers to make sure the # of hours and time frame that I did my volunteering matches up with their records. If I do get a hold of the person after I get my application in and find there is a difference, should I be worried? What can I do to minimize damage?

Hi all,

First post here - thanks in advance to whomever answers my question. I'm having trouble getting a hold of one of my verifiers to make sure the # of hours and time frame that I did my volunteering matches up with their records. If I do get a hold of the person after I get my application in and find there is a difference, should I be worried? What can I do to minimize damage?

I would really try to get a hold of Admissions and ask them about this. Just give them a call for a quick, direct answer.

However, if you want an opinion from another person, I suggest that you try your best to estimate your time and duration (and don't pad!). Then if after you submit your application you find out from your verifier that you were incorrect, email Admissions to notify them of this. But really - just call Admissions to get their final word!!

I would really try to get a hold of Admissions and ask them about this. Just give them a call for a quick, direct answer.

However, if you want an opinion from another person, I suggest that you try your best to estimate your time and duration (and don't pad!). Then if after you submit your application you find out from your verifier that you were incorrect, email Admissions to notify them of this. But really - just call Admissions to get their final word!!

Thanks Jade! I appreciate the comments. I'm trying to reach them but all I get is their voicemail. Any tips on how to get through to the office? Or am I doomed to voicemail and waiting for them to call back?

Sort of the same problem..I am having trouble contacting one of my verifiers too. Is it ok to use someone else that knows you did it, but may not be part of the organization?

That is probably fine...just don't use your Mom as the verifier for the Nobel Peace Prize...:P Apparently, some people actually do things along those lines....:S

The Advisor at one of the advising sessions just told us to be reasonable and use common sense. Just do your best. :)

I'd email the office rather than leaving a voicemail. That way you'll have a copy of their answer if you run into any problems down the road.

This is probably the better advice. Although emails can take a while and our applications are due in a few days.

Archived