Premed 101 Forums

How long does it take get results in New MCAT

hp18

However, I believe that with the new MCATs starting in January, the time it takes to get back your scores is shorter. I seem to remember them saying it would take 30 days after the test to get your scores, but I'm not completely positive. Take a look around the AAMC site and you should be able to find it.

However, I believe that with the new MCATs starting in January, the time it takes to get back your scores is shorter. I seem to remember them saying it would take 30 days after the test to get your scores, but I'm not completely positive. Take a look around the AAMC site and you should be able to find it.

I believe it's 30 days, with the intent to shorten it to 15.

• 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily. As of now, if you wrote in Aug. 2006, and MCAT scores had not arrived by the application deadline, you were still permitted to apply and submit MCAT scores later. I am assuming it will be the same in the 2008 cycle. Also, I think what may happen is for those who meet the minimums, they will be permitted to re-write to improve their score in, say, January, and then have those scores used in the application process. I believe some Dentistry schools currently practice this with the DAT.

Archived