Premed 101 Forums

questions about registration

For those of you who get in and are familiar with the UBC Student Service Center, when you check your eligibility for 2007 winter session, are you assigned a year level (i.e. "1")? Mine was left blank. As such, I can't register the first year STT using test registration. I know there was a technical problem for year level last week. People were promoted to the same year as they were in 2006. I am just wondering if this is only me or it happens to you guys as well.

i was just on the ssc...i wanted to check out our schedule for the fall (which is not posted yet)

i'm listed as in year 1...and we can't register yet...my account says registration is open july 23 @ 7am

what's STT??

My date is july 04, although i guess it doesn't matter since everyone will have a spot. STT is standard time table. You can see the STT before or after you login at student service center. It is located on the menu at the left, just look for standard time table and choose the proper program. Or you can try this link https://courses.students.ubc.ca/cs/main?pname=sttcode&tname=sttcode&dept=MD&spec=1&sttcode=94335

that's strange about our different registration dates...perhaps it's different for different campuses? i'm in vfmp

thanks for the link! that's exactly what i was looking for! and did anyone else do a double take when they saw a lecture scheduled for 7:30am for tues??!! unless i'm reading the table wrong...i hope...haha...eek

that's strange about our different registration dates...perhaps it's different for different campuses? i'm in vfmp

thanks for the link! that's exactly what i was looking for! and did anyone else do a double take when they saw a lecture scheduled for 7:30am for tues??!! unless i'm reading the table wrong...i hope...haha...eek

you are correct, but that's the orientation week. If you check ORNT400, our "1st term" is only one week long.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... when I try the "test registration" thing it says that Im not eligible to register that standart time table... weird cause the top says that my registration is for the MD program... anyone else having this problem? Maybe its all a joke and they just pretended that they accepted me...:(

I have the same problem, too. I mailed the admissions today, hopefully I'll hear from them tomorrow.

Why are you all worried about registration anyway? Don't all students have identical courses, at least for first semester?

I didn't even think about course registration until this thread. I just assumed the department people would register us all in the necessary courses and tell us what time to show up each morning...it's not like we have a choice in first year is it?

Yah, we don't have a choice as everyone will take the same courses. It's just that some people from last year had some issues (check here), and I just hope I won't have to make some last minute correction. Just a reminder though, it seems we have to register ourselves through the student service center online.

• 4 weeks later...

That's it....all you have to do now is pay for it. ;)

I thought it was satisfyingly painful when I saw that I had officially billed my credit card, but this new EFT thing is going to make it feel like a whole other part of my life is sucked out in an instant.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

I am going through the forms that we have to fill out online or hand in and realized that I can't locate for Address form online. Anyone could help, please? I followed the given link at the bottom of the page but couldn't get to the form.

Thank you very much,

H2O.

Archived