Premed 101 Forums

New NOTE on UBC application...

I just noticed this under prereqs:

NOTE: Effective 2008/09 application cycle for September 2009 entrance, applicants must have all admission requirements completed by the application deadline.

I have only just noticed this & am assuming that it is something that is new. Can anyone confirm this? Also, is there a way around this such as age? (since now, you can apply prior to completing the 90 credits as long as they are complete by the end of April) Why has this been changed?:mad:

That's crazy - it means people doing Master have to have it done before they apply - I wonder why they are bringing in such a restriction!?

A Master's degree is not an admission requirement.

I'm sure they wouldn't force anyone to take a year off their undergrad degree in order to be done all of their courses.

But I did hear a rumour on this forum which stated that one would have to finish their graduate degree before application. Can anyone confirm this?

A Master's degree is not an admission requirement.

Correct, you do not need a master's degree to get into UBC.

However, what poolboy was mentioning was the UBC Med requirement that IF you have started a Master's degree, you must complete it before you get into medical school.

This way, UBC Med isn't plucking Master's students from their program halfway through.

They need to figure out something along those lines for the Pharm, program, though... tons of those students got into UBC Med last year and all of a sudden some sections of the Pharm program became almost empty.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow! I wouldn't have received admission cause I didnt complete the English credit, and wrote the EET instead! TG Im in this year!

is that like an english exception test of some sort? can you elaborate plz? I didnt do 6 cr (was planning on it this coming yr) then saw the bloody note (I didnt take it last yr cuz all schools allow u take it in final yr)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess that means that there won't be anymore third year applicants, unless they were able to cram everything into summer school.

UBC has been making significant changes to the medical school classes themselves as well, revamping the way that 4th year electives....Too much change!

Archived