Premed 101 Forums

Screwed by the July 1st deadline!

Admission of graduate students into the UBC Faculty of Medicine Undergraduate Program will be made through the existing selection procedures. Such students must complete all portions of the program in which they are registered, including successful defence of thesis, if applicable, by July 1 prior to admission.
This deadline is firm and no exceptions will be granted. Offers of admission will be rescinded if applicants do not finish their program by the July 1st deadline.

Great! Now I can't apply. Don't know how it works out there, but most grad students I know here defend in August. Any other grad students out there screwed by this rule? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

You should call and ask them about this. Schools like U of T have similar deadlines, and when I called to ask about it they told me that as long as I provided a letter from my supervisor stating that I had completed all the requirements they would accept that. Now if you are really not done by July 1st, but you have a nice supervisor, he/she may write the letter anyway ;) .

Archived