Premed 101 Forums

Uq 2008

My application was submitted by OZtrekk on June 13th. On July 24th (over 6 weeks later) I got a phone call from the admissions office of UQ. I was offered a face-to-face interview or a phone interview. The face-to-face interviews are to be held in mid August in Toronto (likely when the school is visiting Toronto to host an information session).

I asked the UQ representative what the competition was like at that point. I got the feeling that there are not many spots left. However, she told me that they are only interviewing applicants that they expect to extend an offer to. She said that my stats were good enough to place me in this group.

Like many of us, I frequent international medical school forums. I get the impressions that because of the rolling admissions system the UQ does not have many spots left for the 2008 class. I believe they are waiting to see how many original offers are accepted. In the mean time, many applicants are being left in the dark about the status of their applications.

• 2 months later...

Hey,

I don't really use these things that much, but if U get this, can U shoot me an actual email cameron_leslie at hotmail. com

I am just wanting to know what someone who got an interview has for GPA/MCAT etc. I think I have a chance, but don:t want to get too confident. I am applying next year. My MCAT is not so good, but may be reasonable enough for full tuition paying students.

anyway, thanks in advance.

Cameron

Archived