Premed 101 Forums

mysterious $64 fee for new med students

So I went to hand in my forms at LSC today and one of the boxes had something about a $64 fee. I looked through the book that was sent out and I can't seem to find what it is for. :confused: Can somebody help me please? Thanks!

Hi there,

what forms/fees are you are referring to? Am I missing something? I have not been handing in anything this far. I appreciate if someone might clarify what forms/fees are due/need to be turned in.

Thank you very much,

H2O.

Hi H20.

There is a whole bunch of stuff that needs to be done before we start/during the first few weeks. All of the information is in the registration package book that you should've gotten in the mail a few weeks ago. Most importantly, the "Student Biography Form" is due tomorrow so get that done ASAP. You can find all of the forms at http://www.med.ubc.ca/education/md_ugrad/student_affairs/Documents_and_Forms.htm

All of them are also in the registration package (the yellow pages). There are also some other things that you have to done and they are all outlined in section one of the package.

Good luck!!!

Hi H20.

There is a whole bunch of stuff that needs to be done before we start/during the first few weeks. All of the information is in the registration package book that you should've gotten in the mail a few weeks ago. Most importantly, the "Student Biography Form" is due tomorrow so get that done ASAP. You can find all of the forms at http://www.med.ubc.ca/education/md_ugrad/student_affairs/Documents_and_Forms.htm

All of them are also in the registration package (the yellow pages). There are also some other things that you have to done and they are all outlined in section one of the package.

Good luck!!!

Hi microbesarecool:

I will get on them. My registration package got lost on route to me. Thank you so much for your help,

H2O.

CPR RECERTS

Last year, these were held at the Woodward library on UBC campus (near the hospital). This year, the recerts for 2nd year students are being held at the MSAC (Med Student/Alum Centre, 12th & Heather) BUT I'm not sure if this is the case for the first years as well. E-mail the address in your reg package - and do everyone a favour and FW his answer to SABB-11!

VGH-UBC SHUTTLE

This shuttle leaves at :05 and :35 after each hour from the UBC Hospital outside the Acute Care building and also the VGH Centennial Pavillion (vgh map). It runs from 7 to 4 or 5 and is a big van with "Jack Bell Rideshare" on the side.

A tip - when you leave VGH make sure you're in the right shuttle, going to UBC. Though shuttles leaving UBC only go to VGH, shuttles leaving VGH go every which way (St Pauls, Children's/Women's).

Last year, we got a brochure with shuttle info & full timetables in the pile of paper and propaganda we got on our first day.

CPR RECERTS

Last year, these were held at the Woodward library on UBC campus (near the hospital). This year, the recerts for 2nd year students are being held at the MSAC (Med Student/Alum Centre, 12th & Heather) BUT I'm not sure if this is the case for the first years as well. E-mail the address in your reg package - and do everyone a favour and FW his answer to SABB-11!

VGH-UBC SHUTTLE

This shuttle leaves at :05 and :35 after each hour from the UBC Hospital outside the Acute Care building and also the VGH Centennial Pavillion (vgh map). It runs from 7 to 4 or 5 and is a big van with "Jack Bell Rideshare" on the side.

A tip - when you leave VGH make sure you're in the right shuttle, going to UBC. Though shuttles leaving UBC only go to VGH, shuttles leaving VGH go every which way (St Pauls, Children's/Women's).

Last year, we got a brochure with shuttle info & full timetables in the pile of paper and propaganda we got on our first day.

--

I'm sure lots of people would have similar questions but probably won't find them since the title of this thread has nothing to do with the questions you asked. Next time start a new thread for the benefit of everyone. (Hopefully a mod can move this question to a new thread)

Archived