Premed 101 Forums

random questions

1) if gpa is around 3.95-3.99 in a 4.0 scale, what is the ubc percentage and AQ?

2) how far back can activities and awards date? is it the same as ontario med school applications, where you can go back until age 16?

3) where can we find samples of autobiographical essays for ubc...i just am confused about what is expected from these essays.

1) I don't know what that percentage would be, but anything in the 3.9s would be good enough for 25/25 on AQ (As long as it is in all three categories, overall GPA, last 60 credits, and pre-req GPA).

2) They don't say a specific date to go back, but I would use common sense. If you're in your younger 20s, and you have some outstanding events in your application from when you were 15, go ahead and use them. However, if it feels like you're reaching for filler material, UBC might subjective judge it against you. Your choice.

3) I don't know where you can get examples of autobiographical essays from UBC. Just write about yourself. This is where you can talk more about your volunteer and EC activities, and really emphasize how they make you a strong candidate. You can talk about your passion for medicine, and your reasons for pursuing it. Just write though everything that makes you a good person and a strong med school applicant.

Hi there

i posted this before, but based on my scores and others they follow the conversion from this table

http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home&CONTENTID=2005&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm

They further break it down to the last decimal place of your gpa, for example 3.67 = 79.7.

hope this helps...there is also an AQ calculation somewhere on this forum. Basically if you score 86% in both overall and last 60 gpa I beleive you get 25/25 on your Aq evaluation.

Archived