Premed 101 Forums

UBC Med Sample App

I was wondering if it is possible to get hold of a UBC med application. However, I am not applying and just wanted to see how the application is. I went to their website but it requires you to get an account – which I don’t want to since I am not applying. Hopefully someone saved a copy of it or something. I apologize if this is the wrong sub-forum.

Any help is appreciated.

The Ontario school app was quite long as well - and if you apply to American schools through the AAMC plan to spend a day getting everything entered in (every single course name, and number and grade). And if you don't get in you don't have to feel so bad because the application process will be shorter the next year around :P

You can open an account and not submit it, if you really want to see the application. But unless the application has changed substantially from last year, it generally involves:

- personal information (SIN number, birthdate, etc.)

- autobiographical essay

- max 3 pages of extracurricular activites (sports, music, leadership), volunteer experiences, awards, research, and work experience (requires verifiers for all activities)

- transcripts

- additional documents for academic awards, publications (if applicable)

- verification of BC residency (if relevant)

- statement on interest in rural medicine

Archived