Premed 101 Forums

semester hours

graceoO

i m from u of t so i was wondering how do you get like 8hours of biology with lab.....does that mean 1 year of biology with lab ?

hey i went to UofT as well. I just put down 0.5 or 1FCE for my courses in the AMCAS application just how it was written on my transcript and AMCAS took care of the rest

for secondary applications, schools that wanted 3 or 6 semester hours i would put 0.5FCE = 3 and 1.0FCE = 6

for schools that wanted 4 or 8 semester hours i would put -.5FCE = 4 and 1.0FCE = 8

so yeah...8hrs of bio with lab = 1FCE bio with lab

what bout chm?

alot of the school require 8 semester hours of general chm with lab but for life sciences at u of t chm 220 does not have a lab component so its like 7 semester hours of chm if you incl chm189

thanks

yeah..a lot of st. george students have run into that problem. i went to UTSC and luckily our chem was orgnanized differently and we had a full year of chem with lab. .....there have been many threads on this topic in the past so i suggest using the search function or browsing through old threads in the Applying to American Schools forum.

Archived