Premed 101 Forums

redundancy in the UBC app!?!?

not sure, if it's just me - but i find the ubc application redundant. They have a seperate section in which you can list your publications, but then the non-academic section again asks for publications. Also, if it's a non-academic section why do they ask for your research activities in this section.

I am getting confused as to what i should and shouldn't include under the sub-headings of the non-academic section.

Does anyone out there have any insight!?!?!

not sure, if it's just me - but i find the ubc application redundant. They have a seperate section in which you can list your publications, but then the non-academic section again asks for publications. Also, if it's a non-academic section why do they ask for your research activities in this section.

I am getting confused as to what i should and shouldn't include under the sub-headings of the non-academic section.

Does anyone out there have any insight!?!?!

seems as if publication is very important......just my conclusion

There are non-academic awards or research experiences. For example, awards for volunteering or for sports/music. I put those kinds of awards under the awards section and the academic awards under the separate academic awards section.

Re: importance of publications

I don't think it's really important at all (unless you're applying for the MD/PhD program or unless you're applying as a grad student). Most people don't have publications and for the most part they're looking for future clinicians not future researchers.

Archived