Premed 101 Forums

LOR question (specifically SUNY upstate)

raptors

Just wondering if a school requests say one science and one non science as SUNY Upstate does, does that mean they won't take more than two letters in total?

They're very slow with their email responses.

Thanks.

from their website:

"Current Undergraduate Students - Students must submit a letter of evaluation from the Health Professions Advisory Committee or the Pre-Health Advisor from their undergraduate institution. In the absence of such a committee, two letters of recommendation from faculty members in different departments is acceptable, although one of the departments must be a science department."

Sounds like only two are needed to me....usually if they allow more then they explicitly state that on the website. i'd stick with two, unless you hear back from them soon. only having two wont hurt your application, i got in just fine.

here's the link by the way: http://www.upstate.edu/com/admissions/recommend.php

was i supposed to tell my referees to send the letter electronically (by creating a Free account) or should they mail it to interfolio?

or does it not matter which way interfolio gets it...is this supposed to be the case that once the letters are with interfolio (electronically or mail), then we have to choose if we want to send them by mail to med schools or electronically. And we'll have to ask every individual school if they accept mail or not, is that correct?

was i supposed to tell my referees to send the letter electronically (by creating a Free account) or should they mail it to interfolio?

or does it not matter which way interfolio gets it...is this supposed to be the case that once the letters are with interfolio (electronically or mail), then we have to choose if we want to send them by mail to med schools or electronically. And we'll have to ask every individual school if they accept mail or not, is that correct?

Either or. Asking a reference to send it electronically would be much faster, however I find it's too much of a hassel for my reference to create an account then send it electronically/scanning it. Envelope and postage is what they're used to.

Once interfolio receives your letters you can choose to submit them to your medical schools electronically or by mail depending which method the schools prefer. Usually, the school will explicitly say how they want their letters.

every school accepts snail mail. i sent all mine by snail mail...didn't even use interfolio.

Archived