Premed 101 Forums

transfering to UBC

Hey guys in a pre med student at a public university in minnesota. I am canadian and have lived in canada all my life. Im not really liking it at my current school because Im homesick and want to go back to Vancouver. Now im thinking of transferring to UBC and finish my undergrad there and come back to the US for med school. Has anybody ever done an international transfer between canada and US??? Do you guys think the credits will transfer from Minnesota state ----> UBC???

I know you guys will probably say call them, and I know, I am going to but I wanted your guys opinions before hand. Heres my schedule right now:

Chem 1

Chem Lab

Organismal Bio

Organismal Bio Lab

Calculus 1

Eng 101

Please put your inputs in, and UBC is a prestigous school that has been ranked as highly as 17th best instituition in the WORLD, so it is a much better school then MN State.

Hi Jigga,

considering that you want to go to a US Med school i think it's probably better that you stay at your current university... Are you a dual citizen? if you are then maybe transferring to UBC won't hurt your chances of applying to a US med school, but i don't really see a big point in doing that... if you want to consider UBC med, then transferring here is a really good idea if you are not a BC resident because if you've lived in BC for more than 2 years you can be considered as one when you apply, and IP applicants have a much better chance than OP applicants.

Archived