Premed 101 Forums

Grading system

Hey, guys

wondering, took the dat today. Guess we had the same dat test. Sounds all familiar. Does anyone know how they do it with the grading. I mean do they do it like the american dat scale base on how much you got right and then you get your score? All do they take the average of everyone and then based on that you get your score. How does the grading system work?

the marking doesnt depent on how much you got correct rather they will compare yours results to everyone who wrote the dat on that day with the exception of people in quebec( french dat). I've heard in many cases they use the curve thingy ( not sure if its curve up or down).

for example if the highest mark in carving was 26 then they will make that guy 30 and everyone else would increase their scores by 4 marks... thats what i've heard from people tp wrote the dat in previous years. Hope this helps.

the "curving" is done for ALL applicants that write it. (ie. nation-wide)

so, sloken

correct me if i am wrong. It does not matter how much you got wrong. At the end it all boils down to curving? So everything is gonna be curved inlcuding science?

thanks for prompt response

I'm fairly sure everything is curved. A lot of sample DAT's ive done have some raw score conversion chart attached to help you determine what your curved score would have been. That being said, of course if matters how many you got wrong; more wrong answers = lower curved grade.

Archived