Premed 101 Forums

what have you guys done?

maria

So I have decided that I will prep for the MCAT on my own. However, it is kind of a bit overwhelming at first-where do you start, how much detail, etc. I realize this is kind of a personal thing based on your learning style and studying style but for those of you who have taken the MCAT and studied on your own with old notes from prereqs and MCAT books, how did you go about doing it? Thanks for the input.

So I have decided that I will prep for the MCAT on my own. However, it is kind of a bit overwhelming at first-where do you start, how much detail, etc. I realize this is kind of a personal thing based on your learning style and studying style but for those of you who have taken the MCAT and studied on your own with old notes from prereqs and MCAT books, how did you go about doing it? Thanks for the input.

I used the Examkracker 10 week schedule, which is available online. Since I was working full time while studying, I ended up taking a bit more than 10 weeks to prepare; however, I simply followed the provided schedule. I found it especially helpful to do practice questions and passages on material I had learned during the previous week.

Best wishes to you!

Elaine

Archived