Premed 101 Forums

Sporadic Scores

hkmedbound

Mine fluctuated from a 41 to 32. I swear Kaplan used an arbitrary grading scheme.

AAMC tests should be more stable and they more accurately represent what you'll see test day. For the most part, Kaplan's tests are too hard and thus the scale is fudged.

Mine fluctuated from a 41 to 32. I swear Kaplan used an arbitrary grading scheme.

AAMC tests should be more stable and they more accurately represent what you'll see test day. For the most part, Kaplan's tests are too hard and thus the scale is fudged.

i do agree that the Kaplan marking curve is way off... when you get 30/40 on a VR on one test and score an 8, then 30/40 on another and score 11, you know something isn't quite right.

AAMC FLs seem to be more on the ball, however the questions/passages seem to be much simpler. are you writing the MCAT this summer?

cheers.

i also think some part is played by the subject matter of the VR passages.

For myself, i find the psychology based ones rather difficult, but can usually fly through anything based on history or animals/plants. So on test day, i think part of it is luck if the topics/subjects you find easy are on the mcat.

Archived