Premed 101 Forums

Organic Advice

supafield

Hey, just some stuff I've been realizing...

2nd time I'm writing .... wasn't overly confident in orgo when I wrote the first time so decided to try something different this time....

Now given that orgo will make up anywhere between 10-30% of your bio section it really isn't a huge scorebreaker but for those that have extra time and are struggling in orgo think about this..

I used TPR first time around... it's good as it sort of babies you into the concepts however I found that their explanations of mechanisms required memorization and nothing else....

I then decided to do EK orgo this year..... and found it although short to be overwhelmingly dense and tough..... I have come to a happy medium where I am now doing a princeton orgo chapter and then following it up with the same EK chapter.... and am finding it to be quite comprehensive while giving me a good understanding at the same time....

Again if you're strapped for time there are probably more important things to study and you need to practice practice practice... but with a few extra days this is really helping me for orgo... I do a chapter a day.... there's only 6 PR orgo chapters and 4 for EK.... so 10 days devoted to orgo and what feels like a good understanding of it I think is going to send me into that bio section much more confident even if there is little orgo.

One last time I stress that Orgo should be the last thing to worry about, but something to worry about none the less and can boost a bio score a few points once you're consistently scoring well.

Archived