Premed 101 Forums

Why is early AMCAS submission important?

Gotta question about AMCAS submissions. I was wondering when everybody submitted their primaries and when they received confirmation that its been sent out to the selected schools. Its been a week for me, submitted it June 17th and my primary hasn't even went through. My status is "Submitted to AMCAS - Ready for Review" and its been like that for about 5 days now. Suggestions, comments?

Wait it out. I hope you sent your transcript early. Sometimes that becomes the bottleneck.

You should still get a trickle of secondaries, but the real flow will come once you're verified.

Get the secondary prompts from SDN and give them some thought.

[Keep in mind that some keeners work on this stuff way before the deadline and are just waiting to hit submit on Day 1]

Gotta question about AMCAS submissions. I was wondering when everybody submitted their primaries and when they received confirmation that its been sent out to the selected schools. Its been a week for me, submitted it June 17th and my primary hasn't even went through. My status is "Submitted to AMCAS - Ready for Review" and its been like that for about 5 days now. Suggestions, comments?

5 days isnt that long. it took 3 weeks for mine to be reviewed when i applied.

Archived