Premed 101 Forums

Interfolio

Hi,

I have a few questions about Interfolio:

1) How do we know which schools accept the electronic version of the letters sent by Interfolio? Does it tell us when we deliver it, or should we be safe and use Interfolio to deliver by mail?

2) Do we need to type in the med schools addresses and everything, or does Interfolio do this for us already?

Thanks

Also, when we send the delivery, it's $4 per electronic delivery. Does that mean, $4 for each letter sent (ie. 3 letters for each school, 20 schools, $240?!!!). Because $240 is quite a bit of money just for sending in the letters of recommendation.

OR is it, $4 per electronic delivery meaning that in one envelope all 3 letters of recommendation go into that one envelope which is then sent to the 20 schools, coming out to be around $80 (instead of $240)?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

i also had the same question regarding electronic or get the LOR mailed in. i think the best way is have it mailed in?

it will take time to get to interfolio but at least it is accepted by ALL the schools and saves hassle of getting both..

what do you guys think?

also..good to know that 1 delivery = all letters to that school

Hey guys!

I've never used Interfolio before, but I thought that I'd give it a shot. I am at the first stages of signing up for the account. Did you all pick the option of, "Interfolio Recommendation Writer - Free"?

I still don't understand the mechanics of Interfolio that well, either. I even searched sdn for answers, but the posts are all fragmented. :confused:

Hi Guys! I have more (silly) questions.

1. I applied to many, many schools in the U.S. I am going to be using the same referee(s) for most of the schools. This obviously means that they will have to create X many documents that are each addressed to a separate school, yes?

2. Is there a limiting number of documents that can be created in Interfolio?

Mucho gracias. :)

Actually I realise that these questions are pretty self-explanatory, but I get paranoid about these types of things and just want to double-check.

Hi Guys! I have more (silly) questions.

1. I applied to many, many schools in the U.S. I am going to be using the same referee(s) for most of the schools. This obviously means that they will have to create X many documents that are each addressed to a separate school, yes?

Are each of the letters going to be different? then yes, you will need separate documents for each.

ARe the letters identical except for the address they will be sent to? Then you referee creates just one document (make sure they don't put a specific school name or anything). and you just click the uploaded document, choose where you want to send it to (can be for multiple locations) and off it goes!.

2. Is there a limiting number of documents that can be created in Interfolio?

to my knowledge, no.

bah, I forgot to get my referees to include the AMCAS Letter ID number.

Do you think Interfolio can put the Letter ID on the letter for me? I don't want to ask my referees to resend.

On checkout there's an option to do this on the envelope I think...

This happened to me with one of my referees, I just asked him to resend it with the AAMC number in the letter.

do we have to put the AAMC ID on the letter itself or the envelope and can interfolio put it on the envelope for the American schools? The reason I ask this is leading to my second question: can we use interfolio to send the letters to OMSAS too? It would make things sooo much simpler if my referees could send their letter once, but if they put an AAMC ID on the letter, then that won't be useful for the Canadian schools...God I hate LORs.

I caught you double posting SpanishFly:P

About the AAMC ID, there's a section in Interfolio where you can include your ID, so even if your letter writers didn't include it, you can request to have it included when sent to certain schools. I think if you go to 'accounts' at the top right, there is the option and then when you request delivery for a specific school, you just check the box that says include ID.

Yay for someone making SOMETHING a little bit easier for us!!!!

Quick question: can LORs written for med school be sent to masters program? I intend on keeping a backup option (masters program), and I have some LORs which specifically mention I'm trying for meds.. was wondering if it would be a problem if I used those letters to apply for masters...

Pam

haha yea sorry, I was just trying to be efficient :P

Ok that sounds good...also, if one of the schools I'm applying to is participating in the amcas letter service, and i'm using interfolio, do I have to include that AMCAS letter request form with the letter? it only explicitly states that if your mailing the letter, to attach that form with the letters and mail them directly to amcas but it doesnt say anything about that for interfolio users..i'm assuming you don't have to but i want to be sure.

I think you have to include the electronic form of the letter...it said that in the instructions on the AMCAS website...took me a while to find it though. You can get the PDF of the letter and then upload it to interfolio and attach it to your LORs before sending them. You will have to send each LOR separately though. I don't know if you HAVE to do that but that's what I did and AMCAS got my letters without a hitch.

Archived