Premed 101 Forums

Getting verified

Hey,

I submitted June 9 but my transcripts weren't received for a few days after that and mine was completed today.

Question about the verified grade point averages, what do the different columns mean? ie. BCPM and AO?? I don't know how I can check that they're correct when I don't know what anything stands for?!?

Thanks!!!

Thanks!

So I know these are simple questions but the whole AMCAS process is confusing to me: Now that my course grades are verified, all my percentages have just been changed into letters in the OT grade and AMCAS grade columns. So to verify, we just go through and make sure they put the correct letter in for the percent grade we have? I don't know how I'm supposed to check that the GPA is correct when I don't have any numbers to calculate it with:S

I miss OMSAS:(

Thanks!

So I know these are simple questions but the whole AMCAS process is confusing to me: Now that my course grades are verified, all my percentages have just been changed into letters in the OT grade and AMCAS grade columns. So to verify, we just go through and make sure they put the correct letter in for the percent grade we have? I don't know how I'm supposed to check that the GPA is correct when I don't have any numbers to calculate it with:S

I miss OMSAS:(

The conversion scale for 2008 is here: http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2008amcasgradeconversionguide.pdf

For 2009 is it here: http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2009conversionguide.pdf

Scroll to the bottom and you can find the Canadian conversion. It is pretty easy to figure out which system they used to convert your grades...as long as all the conversions are self consistent, then you have nothing to worry about. If you can, add to the wiki which the undergrad school and the conversion scale they used for it.

No, you have to wait until you are verified until you receive secondaries. That said, there are a few schools that don't screen and will send you a secondary shortly after you submit (not verified) - they send it to everyone.

I think you misunderstood my question. I have received secondaries already but am not verified. Can I send out completed secondaries now or do I need to wait until my primary is verified?

I thought they only send out the primary once it has been verified. =\

Only some schools send out secondaries before being verified (ie. they haven't screen the grades yet) - everyone gets it. An example of this is Boston University. I'm pretty sure you can submit the secondary before you are verified - it just won't get processed until you are verified.

Archived