Premed 101 Forums

Letters of Recommendation

Has anyone ever tried having their confidential Interfolio letters sent back to them?

I mean, unless Interfolio will not deliver to the address you used to set up the account, it's an easy way to find out what your LORs are saying about you.

Any takers?

Has anyone ever tried having their confidential Interfolio letters sent back to them?

I mean, unless Interfolio will not deliver to the address you used to set up the account, it's an easy way to find out what your LORs are saying about you.

Any takers?

Crossed my mind....ethical issues aside, I rather not read what was written about me!

I thought most people end up seeing the letters. I actually have seen mine briefly, and because it wasn't sent by my referee. They just printed the confidentiality form and the letter and told me to send it for them because they had to leave overseas. Its sitting on my desk now haha :cool:

A couple of my referees asked me who they should address it to. I said to the admissions committee.

What did you guys do? Its not like they provided us with a contact to whom we could address the letter to.

I told mine To Whom It May Concern. But I told them to mention the purpose of the letter (reference for medical school applications).

Will the LOR writers who are Professors be able to look up the applicant's transcript if they wished? I was looking over some of the comments of MDapplicants website and it seemed that their Professors were able to see their entire transcript.

Pam

Will the LOR writers who are Professors be able to look up the applicant's transcript if they wished? I was looking over some of the comments of MDapplicants website and it seemed that their Professors were able to see their entire transcript.

Pam

some profs (well...i think most profs) will ask to see your transcript before they write the letter.

I thought the same but the Professors who are writing it did not ask me for one.. yet... =|

I guess they will base the letter on their evaluation of me on the course I took. One was a research course and the other was a writing course. This doesn't mean the letter will be weak, does it?

Pam

Archived