Premed 101 Forums

Bad luck

medisforme

anybody here ever kick ass on the practice tests (mid 30's - aamc) and study their ass off only to have what seems like every question on the actual mcat in areas where you are the weakest resulting in a moderately poor score (ie. 26R). I just want to pull my hair out right now i am so mad at myself. i have already signed up to rewrite in september. although I guess if the road to med school was easy doctors wouldn't be in such high demand and we wouldn't need chat rooms like this.

Yeah dude,

when you enter the MCAT testing room you enter bizzaro world where everything goes opposite to how it should.

I took the MCAT twice. The first time I practiced my ass off and got a lot of sleep - I sucked it up. The second time, I went to a wedding and went in with about an hour of sleep and it went well.

Keep on rocking it man.

• 4 weeks later...

thanx for the reply, for some reason i actually feel more confident already that i will do better. i am writing again on sept 13 and have yet to start studying (i honestly feel like i studied myself out for the last one), i am going to train strictly VR i think for the next two weeks, and then dip into sciences again with two - three weeks to go.

Archived