Premed 101 Forums

Question about Kaplan Tests

Odie

oo and just to ask...what percentages should we be getting on these tests to feel confident that we can do well on the actual one.

BY the way: I know on Kaplan full length esp for physics you can get like 65% and get a 11 or something on some. But what about on AAMC..in general what percentages get you 10 and above? Someone said you need like 95 to get like a 13:confused:

For most topical/subject tests in physics/chem I was around 70-75%. There were few better but also worse ones. I'd say my orgo and bio are around 70%.

Regarding what percentile we should be at, I think it's just how well prepared you feel yourself to be. As I went through the passages I re-read my mistakes from the prep books and learned what I overlooked. So overtime I think it should be around 80% before your actual test day. It may be subjective; some might put this up at 90%.

I haven't taken any AAMCs yet but yea to score 13+ you pretty much have to be in the 90+ percentile.

I haven't taken any AAMCs yet but yea to score 13+ you pretty much have to be in the 90+ percentile.

Unless my 2005 Kaplan book is outdated, a 13 is the 96.5th to 97th percentile for the sciences, and a 13 on VR is the 99th percentile. For the 90th percentile your lookin at a mid-high 11.

Unless my 2005 Kaplan book is outdated, a 13 is the 96.5th to 97th percentile for the sciences, and a 13 on VR is the 99th percentile. For the 90th percentile your lookin at a mid-high 11.

You're right. I confused percentage with percentile. The VR book has a bunch of Conversion Scale at the back. For 13, the range is between 51-54 which comes up 85-90%. I believe the OP was curious about the percentage but not percentile.

Archived