Premed 101 Forums

Got an interview!

THX

congrats!

I got an interview there last year... you will love Ms. Sullivan and they have an overall great philosophy. The school, unfortunately, is stuck in a basement and desperately needs an overhaul.

The area around the school is surprisingly nice, although as you must know, D.C. is not exactly the safest city.

My interview was completely relaxed, and I thought I did great until I got a rejection letter a few months later :(

... but dont worry about me, just prepare yourself properly and knock 'em dead!

The Georgetown secondary is absolutely brutal.

5000 characters of why us. Ugh. Hoping to finish it tonight.

I only wrote 2600 characters and I got an interview.

Don't worry too much about length and just make sure you've said everything you wanted to say. They will recognize complete BS filler.

It's really exciting that THX got an interview,

but sheesh I'm getting a bit nervous now.

I'm checking my email every two minutes.

I want to ask the guys from last year, when did you get your first interview invite?

Definitely not time to panic yet.

I got my first interview in October (invite in Sep), and my last interview in March. The other invites came in pretty spread out between those dates.

The school I interviewed at in Oct still has me on the waitlist, and the one in March accepted me a week and a half later.

So getting the earliest interview is not everything.... dont make yourself crazy checking, cause it will be a looooong few months!

Definitely not time to panic yet.

I got my first interview in October (invite in Sep), and my last interview in March. The other invites came in pretty spread out between those dates.

The school I interviewed at in Oct still has me on the waitlist, and the one in March accepted me a week and a half later.

So getting the earliest interview is not everything.... dont make yourself crazy checking, cause it will be a looooong few months!

my god. So completing your application early doesn't help?

bah...

@In_valid: it does help.

There are official stats from unis like pritzker saying that applying early you have a chance of gettin an interview of roughly 1 in 8, while late applicants 1 in a 100 or more. So 12x boost in odds is definitely help.

my god. So completing your application early doesn't help?

bah...

Applying early HELPS, yes.

But it does NOT guarantee an interview.

Obviously, rolling admissions means that the earlier you apply the better. My point was not to freak out if you don't have 3 acceptances by Oct 15th. A late intervew is not the end of the world.

Archived