Premed 101 Forums

Timing

always_panicked

Hey folks...

So I'm having an issue with the timing of my physical sciences section and was hoping to get any advice...I'm not sure how to read the passages to save my time and I feel like I'm slow and need more time to do the questions...what were realistic goals you set for yourself for how long you spent on the passage and questions? Also, did you skip the passages and go straight to the nonpassage based questions?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm writing in 4 days so any help would be great...fast! :-(

Try just answering the questions using your science knowledge and then the few specific questions that actually apply solely to the passage awnser afterwards. Since the majority of these depend only on the tables and figures given most of the information given in the passage will just slow you down without any real insight.

ya i had trouble finishing the PS section as well and i realized it was because i'd take too long reading the passages and trying to understand before moving on to the questions. not a good strategy. with the science sections (unlike VR), you don't need to really understand everything to answer (most of) the questions...some passages can be intimidating, but the concepts they're testing are simple..i'd just skim the psg (1-2 mins), try to see the concept(s) being tested, note any formulas/tables/graphs given, try to remember any relevant formulas and try the questions, do all the easier ones first..if there are any toughies and u have time, spend more time..otherwise move on.

finally, have confidence!

just bcuz u don't understand wtf a psg is talking about, it doesn't mean u can't ace it :cool:..trust me :D

Thanks for the advice guys....yah, I'm panicked (as usual)....I've been doing the practice tests and I'm doing decently on the AAMC ones, but I think 4,5 and 6R are easier than the actual thing, right? I've done some TPR CBT's, did really badly on the 4th (and final one) and spent the day in tears wondering if I just wasn't cut out for this!

Archived