Premed 101 Forums

Dartmouth medical school secondary

Oh man, Dartmouth is in a really sweet location. Hanover is gorgeous and so is Burlington, really nice small town feel...

I like the small class size of dartmouth (74 students). But I'm not sure I can deal with the small town. I've never lived in one.

I live in London, Ontario and I find it boring. =\

Are there any major cities near Hanover?

It's like 2 hours from Boston and 2 hours from Montreal.

btw: London is boring because it's stuck between being a small city and a large city - hence, it has no feel whatsoever. True smaller cities are better than the half-breeds, ie. Kingston > London IMO.

I like the small class size of dartmouth (74 students). But I'm not sure I can deal with the small town. I've never lived in one.

I live in London, Ontario and I find it boring. =\

Are there any major cities near Hanover?

It'll be nice - but Hanover is REALLY freaking small town. When you visit you'll see - the downtown is like a block, five minute walk and you've walked in the entire downtown strip, lol. I believe there is ONE bar...lmao...

There's lots of outdoor activities to be done though, that's the beauty of it. It's like going to med school in cottage country.

It'll be nice - but Hanover is REALLY freaking small town. When you visit you'll see - the downtown is like a block, five minute walk and you've walked in the entire downtown strip, lol. I believe there is ONE bar...lmao...

There's lots of outdoor activities to be done though, that's the beauty of it. It's like going to med school in cottage country.

where exactly do people live in Hanover? Is there on-campus housing?

Can't remember - I think most students there lived off-campus. 75% of the class had a car, but you don't really "need" one - you can just use the shuttle bus to get from the school to the hosptital. I think once you get to your clerkships, you'll need a car though b/c they send you out to rural areas at times.

Oh yea, I remember the financial aid lady saying something about watching your expenses during winter and that you'll have to use wood to heat your apartment!

Archived