Premed 101 Forums

First time applyer, help

Hello

Is it too late to apply for the primaries?

I was thinking of these schools (how would you guys comment on their wanting of canadians?):

Albany

Darthmouth

Michigan State

Mt. Sinai

SUNY upstate

Yale

UCLA

What are my chances?

(35Q 14P 13B 8V, and 3.98GPA for full 3 years based on OMSAS conversion scale)

Volunteered at hospital for few years, teaching, NSERC USRA, executive on societies...etc

also do i need to send letters of recommendations with the primaries (independently..not via AMCAS) for the primaries, or are they needed for secondaries?

so even schools that accept letters of recommendation via amcas do not require them for the primary (i.e. like boston)?

yep, only required for the secondary.

You are not THAT late yet, but I'd get cracking. You become late once the the august mcat takers receive their results (early sept).

Hello

Is it too late to apply for the primaries?

I was thinking of these schools (how would you guys comment on their wanting of canadians?):

Albany

Darthmouth

Michigan State

Mt. Sinai

SUNY upstate

Yale

UCLA

What are my chances?

(35Q 14P 13B 8V, and 3.98GPA for full 3 years based on OMSAS conversion scale)

Volunteered at hospital for few years, teaching, NSERC USRA, executive on societies...etc

also do i need to send letters of recommendations with the primaries (independently..not via AMCAS) for the primaries, or are they needed for secondaries?

You should be a shoe-in for Canadian schools.

Dont waste too much money on the US applications, it's already late and your app will end up at the bottom of the pile no matter how good your stats are.

Archived