Premed 101 Forums

AAMC Practice Tests

Odie

I really have to ask this:

I did all the kaplan full length, and now I am doing AAMC. I found that Kaplan was sometimes too hard, and that AAMC is easier to understand. My scores are similar in both b/c of Kaplan's bell.

Are the AAMC practice tests indicative of the level of difficulty one should expect on the actual ones?

The AAMC practice tests are indicative of the level of difficulty of the actual test. I wrote the MCAT CBT last year and it was pretty much the same as the AAMC practice tests. I havent done the Kaplan tests but I did the Princeton Review practice tests and they were much harder than the actual MCAT. The only thing I found was that the Verbal section seemed to have passages that were a bit longer than what was in the AAMC Practice Tests. Hope that helps.

I agree with the above. I just wrote the MCAT last week, and found the AAMC tests were a much better indicator of the real test. The Kaplan tests, I found the science was way too difficult, and the passages seemed too complicated. The real MCAT had a lot more concept based questions and less calculations (but the passages are still pretty hard to understand). The Kaplan VR, I found too easy, and the EK VR 101, was an amazing help.

Archived