Premed 101 Forums

SUNY upstate and Case Western Secondary

I am wondering what you guys did for the secondaries for these schools.

For SUNY's question regarding what we are doing if we are done our degree, is that actually an essay or is it just a few sentences? SDN made it out to be an essay of sorts.

For Case Western, I don't know what would be appropriate to talk about regarding personal adversity. It seems that the question is implicitly asking for some really personal things to be said. How did you guys tackle it?

I am wondering what you guys did for the secondaries for these schools.

For SUNY's question regarding what we are doing if we are done our degree, is that actually an essay or is it just a few sentences? SDN made it out to be an essay of sorts.

For Case Western, I don't know what would be appropriate to talk about regarding personal adversity. It seems that the question is implicitly asking for some really personal things to be said. How did you guys tackle it?

Just put down enough to get the message across. I don't see how you could put it in essay format anyhow.

btw, I applied to SUNY as well. :)

Just put down enough to get the message across. I don't see how you could put it in essay format anyhow.

btw, I applied to SUNY as well. :)

Yeah neither can I really. SDN peepz freak me out :eek:

In_Valid are you on hold there too? a lot of peepz on SDN are on hold, a lot of which are very qualified applicants.

I am really stumped on this. I have a few situations, most tame of which is not getting accepted into medicine this year, but I am not so sure.

btw this is the prompt

The Admissions Committee is interested in gaining further insight into you as a person. Please describe the experience which you found most personally challenging to this point in your life and discuss how it helped shape you as a person. You may discuss a moral or ethical dilemma, situation of personal adversity or other life-event you believe to have been an important hurdle for you.

Hey guys, I just was wondering how much of a problem do you think it would be if my Case essays were both 2 lines over the 1 page limit. It doesn't seem like a hard cutoff, so I take that it shouldn't be a problem, right?

are you sure you can't cut it down? You'd be surprised how many superfluous words people use in written English.

Archived