Premed 101 Forums

Retaking it - how many times?

JP2107

i would suggest you rewrite, to get that VR score up. that way you can apply to more schools. you seem to be doing just fine in the science section. VR is obviously the problem and where you are showing inconsistency. so the obvious advice would be to strengthen that out, try Examkrackers they have both the 1st and 2nd editions out, maybe get both and just do a whole bunch of problems.

good luck

thanks for the advice

that's actually what i was thinking

right before i wrote the exam the second time, i heard about examkrackers, but it was too late

the sciences and ws are certainly no problem, just the verbal

hopefully third time's a charm!

p.s. i welcome more responses from anyone else as well

thanks

i dont know about the private tutor that could be costly, depending on your budget.

you've already been able to get a 9 in VR, im not sure if this accurately reflects your abilities or not. but i think the examkrackers route would be perfect. VR seems to come down to practice more than anything, in my opinion.

11BS 10PS 6VR T second time

...well i already took kaplan twice

Kaplan is infamous for their poor verbal section (so I've heard).

Consider getting the Examkrackers 101 Verbal passages and/or EK Verbal strategy.

For me, I'm on my second lap, but TPR + EK101 have kept my VR scores at around 10 or above.

Sorry, I'm not sure what the answer is to how many times you can re-write the MCAT; though, it seems like it's not limited. Perhaps consider emailing some adcoms.

Best of luck, keep trying!

i noticed one of my questions remained unanswered

how many times is one allowed to take the mcat? or is there no limit? thanks

All Ontario schools are fine with you writing it as many times as you would like. McGill allows up to 3 times, after that it is considered less competitive. I don't know about the other schools, perhaps others can shed some light, but I am going to assume that 3 is the safe bet. After that you have to be careful based on schools outside of Ontario.

Good luck.

i noticed one of my questions remained unanswered

how many times is one allowed to take the mcat? or is there no limit? thanks

You can take it up to three times per year but I don't think there is a limit in terms of total times taking it. The post above mine seems to have covered how it looks on your application. :)

Archived