Premed 101 Forums

August 26th write

goose

my own thoughts

PS - too many calculations... left me and everyone i spoke to short on time. A few questions from left field as well.

VR - My poor PS section left me a bit rattled for verbal but overall the section was average. not too hard ... 1 tricky passage only

WS - Good prompts. Lots of easy to think of examples

BS - 2 sort of tricky bio passages, but easy orgo

overall i found it harder than the practice online tests i had done. I was consistently getting mid 30's on those but i will be more than pleased with just a 30 on the real deal

PS -- I thought the questions themselves were fairly easy and what I expected, but I did not have time to finish!! There were lots of calculations so I didn't get to answer the last several questions...therefore I think I bombed this section

VR -- standard VR section, the passages were pretty long though so time was short again

WS -- very easy prompts, loved it!

BS -- this section was pretty good except one or two tough passages that took some thinking but good overall; there were 2 passages of orgo on my exam

Overall it was okay, but not finishing several questions in the PS probably killed me so I'm rewriting!

Overall it was okay, but not finishing several questions in the PS probably killed me so I'm rewriting!

I myself am worrying about PS; however, are you rewriting right now? That is to say, this september, before this cycle's OMSAS deadline?

Or are you doing it next summer?

PS - time constraints. A bit trickier than expected

VR - standard

WS - Good (i.e.: easy to manage...if you had practiced with enough prompts to have pre-packaged examples available)

BS - standard. 2 rather dense experimental passages, though, but not too bad if you thought through the experiments. Memory is foggy, but perhaps only 1 orgo passage?

was the VR longer than the aamc or just the same? and is it true you can't bring a watch? oh one more thing, there is a timer in the bottom corner? is there a clock too on the computer?

oh! oh! and how do the proctor's make sure that someone doesn't mess up with your test when you are on your break? and do student's go to their lockers during break and review their cue cards ;) hehehe wondering

i thought along similar lines...

PS - not too bad, but lengthy calcs made it hard to finish on time

VR - i found it to be the same as some of the practice tests

WS - easy prompts

BS - those 2 passages were very difficult for me, but the rest wasn't bad

was the VR longer than the aamc or just the same? and is it true you can't bring a watch? oh one more thing, there is a timer in the bottom corner? is there a clock too on the computer?

oh! oh! and how do the proctor's make sure that someone doesn't mess up with your test when you are on your break? and do student's go to their lockers during break and review their cue cards hehehe wondering

i found the VR passages to be roughly similar in most cases... but thats just me, alot of people seemed to think it was longer

our test centre allowed only analog wrist watches and yes there is a timer in the bottom corner but no computer clock

every test station had a camera on top and the proctor was able to view all these video feeds from their computer so i assume thats how they monitored if anyone decided to screw around with your test lol

mostly during breaks i saw people eating instead of reviewing... unless they brought out their cue cards in the bathoom :P

I myself am worrying about PS; however, are you rewriting right now? That is to say, this september, before this cycle's OMSAS deadline?

Or are you doing it next summer?

I am re-writing on September 13th, I figure I might as well rewrite now well everything is still fresh in my mind! And do more practice tests to make sure I can get through everything quickly enough. I'm not really going to re-study much since I already know everything but more just focus on doing more practice tests.

in order to finish the test (and do well!) ideally how much time do you spend per question (passage ones). I've been trying to play around with the times and giving myself some cues markers but i'm generally slow :( so for instance, how many passages should you be done by 45min? by 30 min? 5 min?

I am re-writing on September 13th, I figure I might as well rewrite now well everything is still fresh in my mind!

I was thinking about doing the same because of PS; however, I've just gotten tied down with the UBC application instead of more MCATs so I don't think it's in the cards.

Oh well.

I respect your determination to keep studying into the start of school. Best of luck, hopefully the PS comes with less of a bite that day!

Archived