Premed 101 Forums

East Tennesse State University Rejection Letter?

deathvvv

Hi Guys

I was wondering what the contents of the reject letters say? Please let me know if there is ANY difference (for those who applied out of state), feel free to copy and paste your letters too. The content of my letter is at follows:

Dear _________:

Evaluations of your applications and admission credentials for our 2009 entering class has been completed. It is with regret that I notify you that we have determined your credential are not competitive for further consideration here as a non-resident applicant. I am sorry to inform you that consideration has been terminated.

I hope that this timely notification will allow you to concentrate your admissions efforts at other schools and especially those in your home state. Future applications to the Quillen College of Medicine is not encouraged without significant improvement in the initial information which was provided with this application.

I thank you for your interest in the ETSU Quillen College of Medicine and wish you success in gaining admission to another school of your choice.

Hah, at least yours was addressed to you. :P

Dear Mayo Medical School Applicant,

The review of your AMCAS application has been completed. I regret to inform you that your application will no longer be considered.

We will not respond to any inquiries specific to your application until after May 15, 2009. If you would like to discuss your application, please notify our office after that time.

Thank you again for your interest in Mayo Medical School. I wish you every success as you continue to pursue your career goals.

Sincerely,

Patricia A. Barrier, M.D., M.P.H.

Associate Dean for Student Affairs

Chair, Admissions Committee

"As a state school, the School of Medicine must focus most intently on Indiana residents’ applications. Only a small percentage of nonresidents can be considered by the admissions committee.

I regret to tell you that your credentials do not make your application eligible for further consideration."

... no love from IU :(

Archived