Premed 101 Forums

Fairly Easy American Medical School to Get Into?

lite_on

Maybe it's your MCAT and EC score. There are people with lower GPA who've gotten into UofC. Mebbe you should look at grad school, or taking a year off to travel to boost your personal attributes. In terms of American schools, wayne state and rosalind franklin are the two off the top of my head.

I'd like to know as well seeing as how I might add a couple schools.

Are there any mid-low tier Canadian-friendly schools that have easy/no secondaries?

here are a few schools that I applied to that require no essay / offer relatively easy secondaries, and they accept Canadians regularly:

Howard (easiest & cheapest at just $45US!)

Medical College of Wisconsin

NYMC

Thomas Jefferson (they have u write an "optional" blurb with a 500char limit .. easy sneezy)

Worst secondary I've seen thus far is Wayne State (3 essays, and they're toughies).

Rosalind Franklin also requires quite a bit of writing, though the essays aren't as long and they're a bit easier to answer.

here are a few schools that I applied to that require no essay / offer relatively easy secondaries, and they accept Canadians regularly:

NYMC

Thomas Jefferson (they have u write an "optional" blurb with a 500char limit .. easy sneezy)

Worst secondary I've seen thus far is Wayne State (3 essays, and they're toughies).

Rosalind Franklin also requires quite a bit of writing, though the essays aren't as long and they're a bit easier to answer.

You're making getting into med school sound like a walk in the park, you send a secondary, they call you the next day to offer an interview and while you are there they offer you an acceptance!

It doesn't quite work that way! adding schools in September is more like a waste of money!

And yes those schools do accept Canadians, but when was the last time they accepted one?

You're making getting into med school sound like a walk in the park, you send a secondary, they call you the next day to offer an interview and while you are there they offer you an acceptance!

It doesn't quite work that way! adding schools in September is more like a waste of money!

And yes those schools do accept Canadians, but when was the last time they accepted one?

Whoa, no need to bite my head off there hippie. I guess you'll have to excuse me for sounding optimistic in my post .. can you really blame me for happening to be in a good mood today? I never said it was "easy" to get in, I was just mentioning the "easiest" secondaries that I've dealth with. And by "regularly", I'm sure they accept someone from Canada every year? Sorry to have led anyone on if I'm wrong though.

I can see how he came off like that but it seems he was alluding to hassle-free secondaries. Adding schools in september is most certainly not a waste of money, given that you have competitive numbers. It is late as you will probably be complete in october, but being late is not a rejection, just a harder time.

NYMC

Your logic is waaay off dude! First of all the schools you mentioned are not especially Canadian friendly (except maybe Howard if you are black), none of us have received any interviews from those schools yet and we were early. On the other hand, the two schools you seem to be off-put by because of their essays are the two MOST Canadian-friendly institutions out there by a large margin. So you should be putting as much effort as you can into those essays. Check the interview thread, most of us have received interview offers from WS.

Other Canadian friendly schools would be SLU, Syracuse (if you have research and a good MCAT) and the Virginia schools.

• 1 month later...

Archived