Premed 101 Forums

Plan B

n00b

not getting in is not an option...don't be negative:mad:

j/k. I have no idea. I already applied after undergrad and didn't get in so now I"m doing a Master's...but I have to finish it, can't switch to Ph.D. if I don't get in just because of the timing.

I will prob. just work for a year and apply overseas. and I will be sad too.

It's weird how I don't feel excited about the interviews. I'm too scared that I am that close to getting in and it could still not happen:S

I thought about that too 'cause I was getting so paranoid but then I thought: If I can't get into any of the schools I applied to (which includes lower tier schools) I probably won't be able to get into any of the other ones that I can add. I realize that is a pessimistic way to look at it but I am also applying to Canadian schools and at a certain point you just have to say, ok, that's it.

You know?

I also don't know what schools you already applied to or what your stats are like. And this is my first time applying so I'm really not an authority on this stuff just yet:P From what I read on SDN, if you have a good mix of schools, ie. included some lower tier schools already, you should be fine. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong:D

not getting in is not an option...don't be negative:mad:

j/k. I have no idea. I already applied after undergrad and didn't get in so now I"m doing a Master's...but I have to finish it, can't switch to Ph.D. if I don't get in just because of the timing.

I will prob. just work for a year and apply overseas. and I will be sad too.

It's weird how I don't feel excited about the interviews. I'm too scared that I am that close to getting in and it could still not happen:S

exactly how I feel. Sure its fantastic, but i feel like Frodo at Mt. Doom. The closer he gets to his destination, the greater the burden on him.

I am working towards an Econ minor right now, if I don't get in I am going to go for an econ major.

exactly how I feel. Sure its fantastic, but i feel like Frodo at Mt. Doom. The closer he gets to his destination, the greater the burden on him.

Yeah, I'm totally worried about the interviews. I think I'm going to go all-drugged up (well, just some beta-blockers ;) )

You dorks. :P

But yeah, I had three interviews last year and three waitlists. My self-esteem for these things is not too high, which is crazy to me, because my self-confidence is through the roof in most everything else.

I dunno. My last interviews, I winged. This time, I'm preparing thoroughly. Going to write down a few dozen questions and create elaborate, tight answers for each.

You dorks. :P

But yeah, I had three interviews last year and three waitlists. My self-esteem for these things is not too high, which is crazy to me, because my self-confidence is through the roof in most everything else.

I dunno. My last interviews, I winged. This time, I'm preparing thoroughly. Going to write down a few dozen questions and create elaborate, tight answers for each.

2 interviews 2 waitlists here. Definitely winged it, and the fact that I had an uber rough week before both interviews was very very unhelpful

Archived