Premed 101 Forums

Dentistry Backpacks?

Was told that at UAlberta the dents get the same CMA roots bags that the med students get and they take the same classes in 1st year.

So how are the Advil bags - sturdy and usefull? I see the MS2 students with theirs all the time and they're always FULL, lol, so I'm assuming that if they can withstand heavy loads for a full year, I'm assuming the CMA bags are good bags.

We got an Advil bag filled with free stuff. I wouldn't say it's super sturdy, but it would be useful as a little gym bag. As we are provided with laptops for our program, so the school gave us sturdy backpacks with a laptop protecting pocket inside. A couple of the banks also provided us with bags - so there is no shortage of bags to carry stuff in :)

We got an Advil bag filled with free stuff. I wouldn't say it's super sturdy, but it would be useful as a little gym bag. As we are provided with laptops for our program, so the school gave us sturdy backpacks with a laptop protecting pocket inside. A couple of the banks also provided us with bags - so there is no shortage of bags to carry stuff in :)

Neat. What are the specs of the laptop that Dal provides you with? I'm just curious. Thanks.

Am I the only one who likes the bag? lol

I find it sturdy, but it could possibly be the fact that I don't really own a proper backpack. I hate the Advil logo, so that Canadian flag is a pretty neat idea.

Mare, I can't believe you guys get the macbook pros at Dal. How much is your tuition may I ask? It was required of us at U of T to buy laptops but they weren't included in the tuition. (not that we really use them now anyway).

• 1 month later...

@ Xylem

The MacBook Pros that we got this year at Dal are 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 200GB Hardrive, an extra battery (get about 3 1/2 to 4hrs out of 1 battery). They also gave us a wireless Mighty Mouse. It is an awesome computer and as Mare said all of our books (so you get 86 textbooks to reference when studying) are loaded onto it and most profs put their lectures on our server so we can download them and take notes on our computers during lecture, nothing gets lost, nothing heavy to carry around. Really convenient.

The laptop program at Dal is one of the reasons I choose it out of Manitoba, Dal and Western. Manitoba is also using a laptop program now but you have a choice of a couple computers and I don't know if they depend on it as heavily as we do.

Archived