Premed 101 Forums

Sept 5th scores are out!!

mystery_chick

Damn you physical sciences...grr

I wrote back 3 years ago when I had just taken university physics and chem. That section was a breeze for me and got a 12 adding into a total for 30 O

This time around I thought. Hey, I don't need to study that much for physical sciences because I did well the first time. Silly, silly me. It murdered me, and now I have an 8 in that section making a total score of 28 R. But hey My VR and BS each went up a point and writing went up 3 so that's something good. Except now the UofT application I sent in was a HUGE waste of money as they don't except scores below 9 and they take your most recent MCAT.

Crap. Debating on rewriting in the winter. Though I don't want to waste the time/money if somebody actually accepts me this year.

33T. Overall I am pretty happy with my mark.

Physics was killer like I expected but I managed a 10 which I will take. 11 in verbal and 12 in bio.

Surprised and happy about the T though. That will help my U of C app.

My score is almost exactly like yours except for writing. Got Q in writing (booooo! my stupid Kaplan essay marker kept on giving me 6's :rolleyes: ) 10 in Verbal and 11 in Physics, 12 in bio

Would Queen's still consider me?

My score is almost exactly like yours except for writing. Got Q in writing (booooo! my stupid Kaplan essay marker kept on giving me 6's :rolleyes: ) 10 in Verbal and 11 in Physics, 12 in bio

No one knows this year's Queens WS cutoff. A Q may or may not be enough.

I did fine in the other sections, but I got an N in the writing sample!!! :o

Is it too late to ask for it to be remarked? I'm sure I have nothing to lose with such a low score, and I really thought my writing skills were better than that!

Does anyone know if rescoring is still a possibility this late in the game?

This late in the game? You just got your scores.

Whether it will help out in OMSAS for this year, I have no idea.

Yeah that's what I meant - whether it would have any bearing on the current applications from OMSAS...

Like if I ask for it to be rescored, it would take time for AAMC to actually do it and give me the new score, and it would probably get back to me too late to do anything about this year's applications. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this... :(

I think it would, if your score did go up... you could inform the schools of the change. You'd also have to inform them if it went down.

Okay, thanks. That give me a little hope that the $50 may be worth it. I'm so frusterated about this... I don't even really know who to call. AAMC probably wouldn't know about OMSAS policies, and vice versa.

(I got VR:10, PS:10, BS:13, WS:N... I'm so miserable! :( )

I'm in a similar situation too! Ooooh, I hope the Q is good enough!!!!

I'm in a similar situation too! Ooooh, I hope the Q is good enough!!!!

The thing with that stupid Q is that it's on the edge of not warranting a re-write. It's going to take a lot for me to agree to waste another summer studying for the MCAT again and quite frankly a Q is just not enough. It's not that I don't WANT a higher score, but re-writing won't guarantee me a higher score..... I don't want to be like those poor people who rewrite only to get something worse haha. (plus I'm SWOMEN and only in 3rd year so I'm hoping Western will take me if all else fails haha)

I would not rewrite with your score. Sure, Queen's cutoff last year was an R in the WS... but by no means does that mean that this is definitely going to be the case this year. Your score is solid and by rewriting, you would risk dropping in any one of those sections. Just my 2 cents.

Archived