Premed 101 Forums

Confusion with deadlines

vix

Hi,

I'm really confused about when to submit the application to AMCAS. I'm planning to apply to lot of schools in the States, but different schools have different deadlines.

I was wondering if I can apply/submit my application a few times. Say, I submit the application for 2 schools with upcoming deadline on the 15th Oct, and once that is done, I apply/submit again for other schools with deadline in the next month.

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

I'm really confused about when to submit the application to AMCAS. I'm planning to apply to lot of schools in the States, but different schools have different deadlines.

I was wondering if I can apply/submit my application a few times. Say, I submit the application for 2 schools with upcoming deadline on the 15th Oct, and once that is done, I apply/submit again for other schools with deadline in the next month.

Thanks for the help!

Med school applications in the US are completely different than in Canada.

You have probably missed the boat for this year. Since they have rolling admissions, there are still posted deadlines but they started accepting applications in June. What this means is if you try to apply now, they may never get to your file and if they do you will be competing for probably the last few spots in the class if not for a waitlist spot.

Don't waste your time or money.

Take the time to do a search on this site, get informed, and do the application properly next year.

Like the guy with the accent says: save your money.

I'm seriously just judging this based on your question and thus what I perceive to be your depth of understanding of the US application process. Just don't do it. Read up and try next year.

Archived