Premed 101 Forums

Jan 09 MCAT

chrail

Hi guys, I wanted to hear what others may have to say about this. A couple of my friends think that writing the MCAT anytime other than the summer when undergrad students are free (i.e. May-September) is a better choice than writing in the summer. Reason being that may-september, a majority of those writing are undergrads, many of which plan on just writing the mcat and sitting it through knowing it's their practise run. SO my point is, is it best to write in Jan/April since I would think less students (undergrads) are writing and more professionals (ppl going for a career change) who are free to write at this time? I'm worried because the MCAT is obviously graded individually for each person but then ranked with how others performed that day. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance :)

I was actually thinking the opposite.. I'm writing it for the first time this coming Jan, and I was kind of worried b/c I thought a lot of the ppl writing in January would be those who are retaking the exam, so those people would have the experience already and etc. I'm in co-op, so this is actually my break... I hope it's not too bad.

Archived