Premed 101 Forums

Survey Question

Classic

I'm applying to one Canadian school.

I prefer to live in big cities so that leaves me with only few schools in Canada.

But then again, I was planning to apply to at least four Canadian schools,

but I just got so pooped out after the US application that I dropped most of my Canadian applications.

Yea....I also looked at the US schools as a very expensive "backup".....until AMCAS and secondaries consumed my entire summer, and a good part of this semester.

Now, somewhat unfortunately, I've become pretty attached to some of the schools I applied to. For me, it used to be UofT > anywhere else in Canada > US. But now it seems there's quite a few American schools I would go to over the Canadian ones. Since UofT seems like such a remote possibility right now - I think more likely than not I'm gonna end up in the US. :eek:

Yea....I also looked at the US schools as a very expensive "backup".....until AMCAS and secondaries consumed my entire summer, and a good part of this semester.

Now, somewhat unfortunately, I've become pretty attached to some of the schools I applied to. For me, it used to be UofT > anywhere else in Canada > US. But now it seems there's quite a few American schools I would go to over the Canadian ones. Since UofT seems like such a remote possibility right now - I think more likely than not I'm gonna end up in the US. :eek:

I feel like this too, but I have yet to get accepted!

ultimately, I would stay in canada though, its a lifestyle thing as opposed to a curriculum thing.

I feel like this too, but I have yet to get accepted!

ultimately, I would stay in canada though, its a lifestyle thing as opposed to a curriculum thing.

I hear ya....of course I haven't been accepted either yet, but considering my sham job on OMSAS (and I was too lazy to apply anywhere outside Ontario of course) if I get in anywhere it'll likely be in the US.

I don't think I'd feel comfortable practicing/living in the US though...

Archived